Midland University, a private, Christian, liberal arts university in Fremont, Nebraska (just outside of metro Omaha), is seeking a Powerlifting Graduate Assistant. This position will be offered within our graduate assistant structure, requiring admission to the University's Master of Education, Master of Science Adult and Organizational Learning or Master of Business Administration programs. In addition to the academic responsibilities, the candidate will be responsible for contributing to various aspects of the powerlifting program, including assistant coaching, program administration, practice preparation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach. The person who holds this position will receive tuition remission from the University and potentially receive a camps meal plan, free campus housing and monthly stipend.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and retaining students for the powerlifting program
- Conducting coaching and instruction activities during training, practice and competition
- Creating and implementing powerlifting training programs and cycles between competitions
- Coordinating conditioning, practice and competition schedules
- Assisting with team travel
- Ensuring team compliance with all appropriate powerlifting associations and institutional rules and regulations
- Continuously ensuring personal behavior and program reputation are in alignment with Midland University's mission and core values.
Need to have:
- Minimum of one year conditioning of powerlifting instruction experience
- Current USA Powerlifting membership or ability to obtain membership
- Availability to work flexible schedule including some nights and weekends, as well as to travel with sport teams for away contests
- Familiarity with Powerlifting governing bodies such as USAPL, AAU, etc.
Strong preference for those with:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Collegiate level powerlifting experience
- Experience recruiting high school and/or college student athletes
Required skills and traits:
- A positive attitude
- Strong relationship building skills
- A self-starter
- Ability to resolve issues independently
- Ability to teach proper technique and form
Compensation for this position depends in part on the Master's program pursued. It may include tuition remission from the University, campus meal plan, on-campus housing or allowance and monthly stipend.