Emergency Phone answered 24 hours/day
The Department of Utilities is proud of it's long history of providing safe and economical utilities to the citizens of the Fremont area. It is one of the oldest municipal utilities in the State of Nebraska. The water system started in 1885, the electric system in 1895, and the natural gas system was acquired in 1985.
The electric system consists of facilities for generation and distribution of electricity. The electric service area covers 60 square miles including Fremont and the surrounding area.
There are approximately 14,210 electric meters in use.
The water system includes wells, water storage, treatment facility, and distribution system. The water service area consists generally of Fremont and the area adjacent to the city limits.
There are approximately 10,700 water meters in use.
The natural gas system includes a peak shaving facility and the distribution piping. The gas service area includes Fremont and the adjacent area as well as the Village of Inglewood and Cedar Bluffs.
There are approximately 10,780 gas meters in use.
Located on the northeast corner of Military Ave. and C St.