Job Title: Credit Analyst
Company: First State Bank & Trust Company
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
We are currently seeking a Credit Analyst Representative that will assume responsibility for the preparation, coordination and documentation of loan requests and credit reviews. Perform all facets related to credit analysis and loan credit presentations. Perform all facets of various loan products-interviews, record checking, loan decision and delinquencies.
This position is also responsible for maintaining awareness and understanding of First State Bank and Trust’s internal lending policies and procedures that are appropriate in the lending function according to the Loan Policy. This includes but is not limited to providing assistance and direction on loan documentation related issues with the Loan Processors and related staff. You will perform clerical responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Essential Job Duties:
- Obtain all necessary financial data from the credit file or outside sources.
- Work with Loan Officer when up-to-date financial statements are needed.
- Spread and analyze financial statements; study and evaluate the information and prepare written reports for the Loan Officer and appropriate Committees.
- Ensure that all loan activities comply with compliance requirements, as defined by the Loan Policy and procedures, and state/federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain loan documentation in credit files to defined Loan Policy standards.
- Assist lenders and loan support staff with questions related to loan documentation.
- Perform monthly construction, floor plan and farm inspections.
- Monitor upcoming lines/loans that are coming due.
- Perform appraisal reviews.
- Maintain Bank’s financial tickler system.
- Help prepare materials for the Loan Committee and Director Loan Committee meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic accounting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of all financial institution policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze various types of financial statements and credit reports, both business and consumer related.
- Knowledge or spreadsheet applications as they pertain to financial analysis. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or equivalent work experience is required.
- Previous banking experience is preferred.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Hiring bonus (requirements must be met).
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match (eligibility requirements must be met).
- Paid Time Off (eligibility requirements must be met).
- Payroll Direct Deposit.
- Free Bank services.
- Discounted YMCA Gym Membership.
- 11 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.