Our Uncompromising Mission: To empower adults with intellectual or Developmental Disabilities to live life to the fullest through assisting with the activities of daily living.
About Us: At Duet (formerly ENCOR), we provide support services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities with a focus on empowerment and independence throughout 5 counties in Eastern Nebraska. We assist in the activities of daily living, provide community engagement opportunities, job coaching and life skills training, as well as skilled nursing care as needed.
Job Brief: Under the supervision of the Fremont Area Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing daily support for the Area’s administrative office and providing support to the Area Director as needed.
- Provide clerical support to Area offices including: maintaining contact lists, transcribe and disseminate meeting minutes, draft correspondence to family members of those supported
- Maintain inventory and order supplies as needed
- Contact vendors and get bids at request of Area Director
- Maintain training records and submit reports to HQ when required
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail (including faxes)
- Enthusiastically greet visitors and answer phones
For the success of the agency, we require the following:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years clerical / admin assist experience preferred
- Experience in Human Services field preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
- Can-do and positive attitude!
- Ability to operate office equipment (multi-line phone system, fax, copy machines, computers)
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check, Driver’s License Check, Drug Screen, and a pre-employment physical
- Truly rewarding nonprofit experience in health & human services field
- 100% employer paid single coverage health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability free to employee)
- Casual Dress
- 12 days Paid Vacation & 12 days Paid Sick Time (24 days total)
- 11 paid holidays
- Pension & Retirement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Starting at $14.00 / hour