Branch Teller (Part-Time)
Hours: Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. and every other Saturday 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Some additional hours may be available. Hours not to exceed 30 hours.
We are currently seeking a part-time teller to provide prompt, efficient, accurate customer service while giving a warm welcome as the face of the Bank. This position provides an individual, with a non-traditional schedule, the ability to work in a culture that will provide growth and development. As a Teller you are responsible for helping customers meet their financial goals by handling and balancing financial transactions (deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments, etc.). Tellers have the opportunity to enhance customers experience by looking for opportunities to inform customers of other Bank products and services that will meet their needs. This position will be cross-trained on opening new accounts once a mastery of teller skills has been demonstrated.
We’re looking for people who want more than just a job – we want people who want to make a difference in the community where we live and work! The teller position is a great way to get a glimpse into the broad world of finance and banking. Tellers are responsible to project a professional image in dress, manner and communication and must also comply with all bank policy, regulations, and laws.
Essential Job Duties:
- Open and maintain a cash drawer.
- Process customer transactions, including receiving deposits, verifying cash and endorsements and issuing receipts, installment loan payments, making withdrawals, cashing checks, scanning work and providing customer account printouts and open new accounts.
- Prepares cashier’s checks, money order’s, gift cards as requested.
- Balances transactions at the end of the day and verifies cash totals.
- And other miscellaneous duties as needed.
- Basic understanding and the ability to operate various office equipment such as: Typewriter, Printers, Computers, Fax, Adding machine and Copy machine.
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written).
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service and money handling experience preferred, but willing to train successful candidates.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Hiring Bonus (requirements must be met).
- 401(k) with employer match (eligibility requirements must be met).
- Paid Time Off
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free Bank services
- Gym membership (half an adult YMCA membership paid by the Bank).
- Paid Holidays
An application to apply is available at www.fsbtfremont.bank or from any of our convenient locations. Drop off your application today!
First State Bank & Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.