Commercial Lender (Blair)
First State Bank & Trust Company is seeking a confident, experienced lender to fill a Commercial Loan Officer position. This position will provide an environment where you have the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships to grow a loan portfolio. In this role, you will have the opportunity to showcase your skills, as this role will be focused on developing and managing commercial, consumer and real estate loans. First State Bank Trust is a locally owned community bank. We believe in providing “Amazing People, Exceptional Experiences.”
- Interview loan applicants, collect and analyze financial and other related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Establish and negotiate, when necessary, the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Manage commercial, real estate and consumer, loans. Counsel loan customers, when necessary, on loan management and beneficial financial strategies.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and customers.
- Adhere to loan policy and underwriting guidelines, subject to final approval.
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze collateral at remote locations.
- Collect and analyze information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. Information may be obtained by direct inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports and personal interview.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
- Keep abreast of current trends in banking by regularly reading appropriate periodicals and by attending selected seminars and conventions.
- Deal with attorneys representing the financial institution on loan matters as required.
- Serve as a member of Loan Committee which makes preliminary evaluations of loan requests as defined by board policy. Present and review loan requests with directors for their consideration and approval or rejection.
- Provide input to the budget-making process.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Cross-sell additional bank products and services.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in the commercial lending industry is desired, with knowledge of financial management, retail banking and bank operations.
- Strong financial analysis and underwriting skills
- Ability to read, interpret and understand financial information
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent time management
- Professional image
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Hiring Bonus (requirements must be met)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free Bank services
- Discounted YMCA Gym Membership
- 11 paid holidays
First State Bank & Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.