Residential Real Estate Lender
First State Bank & Trust Company is seeking a confident, experienced lender to fill a Residential Real Estate Lending position. This position will provide an environment where you have the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships to grow a loan portfolio. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and enjoys working in a dynamic financial environment. First State Bank & Trust is a locally owned community bank. We believe in providing “Amazing People, Exceptional Experiences.”
- Opportunity to cultivate relationships and develop new business by contacting prospects and customers.
- Take applications, provide list of items needed to validate the application.
- Monitor the progress of the loans in process and assist when needed to get the information required to complete/approve the loan. Make sure loans are completed within the deadlines.
- Keep up on all information pertaining to the mortgage industry and constantly changing rules and regulations of the government; Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the investor products.
- “Puzzle solving skills” to be able to meet the challenges when the client’s information changes or the program parameters change.
- Quarterly information to the CFO for the call report.
- Attendance at required meetings for NIFA or information at NMA meetings/seminars including numerous webinars for updated and changing information.
- Attend weekly Loan Committee Meeting.
- Annual review of contracts with investors and decision making regarding strategic loan partners. Communicate with potential investors that might better suit our client’s needs.
- Represent the Bank professionally both inside and outside the office.
- Establish and maintain rapport with all levels of branch personnel.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
- Current MLO Registry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong financial analysis and underwriting skills.
- Flexibility to meet the ever-changing atmosphere in the mortgage market and constantly changing rules and regulations.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand financial information.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively and be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Professional image.
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free Bank services
- Discounted YMCA Gym Membership
- 10 paid holidays
Prior to hire, we do background screening and drug testing. This is required.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Please submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
First State Bank & Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.