Recreational Gymnastics Coach
Job Title: Recreational Gymnastics Coach
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Gymnastics Director
Primary Function: Youth Programs
Leadership Level: Leader
The Recreational Gymnastics Coach at the Fremont Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. This position is responsible for the safety of staff, members, and guests of the YMCA and assures that all YMCA rules, policies, and procedures are understood and followed.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Teach participants how to safely execute beginner, intermediate, and/or advanced gymnastics skills.
2. Lead and supervise classes with participants of different skill levels and ages.
3. Teach skills and abilities at each apparatus follow standard gymnastics curriculum.
4. Lead warm up on a rotating basis.
5. Assess skills of participants quarterly to determine pre-team readiness.
6. Develops positive relationships with students, parents and co-workers.
7. Maintain a safe environment, i.e. correct technique, spotting, equipment practices.
8. Come prepared for class with a positive attitude and prepared to teach lesson plans.
9. Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
10. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
11. Organizes and puts away needed equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
12. Helps to ensure cleanliness of gymnastics area.
13. Provide leadership, instruction and motivation for participants. Demonstrate and promote healthy and active living.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONTINUED:
14. This position requires flexibility in work schedule to include evening and weekend shifts.
15. Excellent communication skills and basic conflict resolution skills. A background in gymnastics is preferred.
16. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
17. Maintains necessary certifications to include CPR/First Aid and Safe Sport training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, this position may be required to use a computer. This position also requires many hours standing dictated by the duration of your shift. and walking when involved with camp activities
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. Ability to instruct, observe, and spot participants.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
· Communication and influence
· Engaging the community
HOURLY WAGE RANGE: $9.00- $11.00$12.00$43,000