As Materials Specialist, you will report directly to the Materials Manager of OSC. In this role you will work closely with the operations and finance team to schedule production, order raw materials as well as schedule and track freight to and from OSC. In this role you will have direct oversight over one team member.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule all inbound and outbound freight.
- Track shipments to and from machine shops.
- Validate packaging requirements are met for each customer.
- Execute all MRP transactions as required for outbound shipments and inbound receipts.
- Verify and transmit technical documents with freight per customer requirement.
- Manage and order all shipping consumables.
- Provide daily status updates of shipments.
- Project future shipments and answer customer service-related questions.
- Enter data into tracking systems as required.
- Proactively work with sales and operations to consolidate shipments when possible.
- Assist operations team in quoting of required consumables and replacement parts.
- Maintain suppliers, materials, and pricing within ERP system for items ordered on a recurring basis.
- Issue purchase orders and obtain order acknowledgements from vendors and suppliers once requisitions entered and approved by operations team.
- Schedule initial foundry production (Molding) based on the Master Schedule provided by Materials Manager.
- Update molding schedule with data provided by operations and provide copies for next day.
- Provide updates on actual performance to Master Schedule and various recovery plans.
- Assist in ensuring all procedures for production scheduling, purchasing, and logistics are followed.
- Logistics/Shipping experience desired
- Strong MRP skills a plus
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Proficient at MS Excel
- High attention to detail required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.